Eltham Community Foundation Ltd
Eltham Community Foundation (ECF) was established in 2006 as a community based non-profit Company, Limited by Guarantee. To perhaps clarify, non-profit companies have basic similarities to NSW Incorporated Associations. ECF’s ACN is 119723205 and there’s currently 25 members.
Our main aims are to:
- Maintain heritage and environmental assets within the Village eg Railway Cottage
- Initiate development of community infrastructure e.g. parks and cycleways
- Initiate events and projects such as film nights or markets
- Support Eltham Public School
Membership & Meetings
Membership is open to everyone and there’s no membership fees, ever. If you’d like to become a member, please complete our Online Membership Form. Our meetings are held 6pm at the Eltham Pub, usually on a monthly basis. Meeting dates can vary, but will be posted on this site’s Notice Board.
ECF has been primarily active in saving Eltham Railway Cottage by:
- Devoting considerable time negotiating with Transport NSW in an effort to obtain a lease and therefore safely secure the Cottage.
- Undertaking fundraising activities in order to fund the Cottage lease and restoration. Our major fundraiser is the Eltham Film Night.
Our volunteer-run Film Nights have been operating for many years and it’s hoped the event will continue into the future. Meanwhile, other work focuses on the Railway Cottage situation. New volunteers are always welcome, so if you can spare a little time please contact us.
We would like to acknowledge the Bundjalung Nation, Traditional Custodians of the land.